We Are Aware was founded by a group of artists and entrepreneurs who are committed to the education of parents and young people about the imminent danger of human sex trafficking. Our own friends, families and many of our own loved ones have been tragically affected by human sex trafficking and we are passionate about this cause.
It is our mission to create awareness which can save thousands of lives from making poor decisions
- Understand how it has happened to others
- How to identify a dangerous situation.
- What to do if you find yourself in a threatening situation.
- How to find support if you are a victim.
The WAARN Program for Law Enforcement Professionals
In addition, the organization is forming a law enforcement education program patterned after D.A.R.E.
The We Are Aware for Responsible Enforcement (WAARN) program is being structured with 3 primary goals in mind:
- Educate law enforcement to better identify and handle trafficking situations.
- Provide law enforcement a curriculum by which they can inform and educate their local communities.
- To ultimately offer an accredited course by which law enforcement professionals may achieve continuing education credits.
We Are Aware is managed as a nonprofit organization under the umbrella of the Creative Visions Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization based in Malibu, California.